[PD] porting vade shaders collection to Pd

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Dec 27 14:10:50 CET 2011

Le 27/12/2011 13:02, Guido Tamino a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> actually the [pix_shader] abstraction comes from a depth of field simulation I made with glsl/gem a while ago. Download link, documentation and demo video are available at the link below. If anyone wants to try it out, the depth of field patch is pretty self-explainatory and should work just out of the box.
> http://vimeo.com/30188933
>
> Before being swamped with work I was interested in porting Vade shaders and other glsl stuff to PD. I implemented his blur shaders (motion blur, zoom blur and fast blur) and they all seems to work fine but a lot of work has to be done before using them as solid generic effects.
> http://guidotamino.it/download/glslBlur.zip
>
> A couple months ago I opened a discussion with Cyrille on the theme but we were both too busy with work to fully dive into the subject.
since then, i made a "good" triangle blur shader to work with a modified version of guildo patch.
i commit everything as a gem example yesterday.

> In the meanwhile I played around with the optical flow experiments by the jitter community with nice results, a demo could be seen here:
> http://vimeo.com/30517302
nice.

> I'm definetely interested in developing a set of glsl wrappers to make the whole thing easier for a beginner. I am a beginner myself and I had some tough times trying to figure out things like how to multipass glsl effects or how to feed multiple textures to a shader. This kind of stuff is almost undocumented and needs a lot of trial and error in order to be understood.

there are few multipass example in gem.
I try to make 1 example for each technical possibility.
nothing is fully documented, but i think everything is documented.
at least, everything that i'm aware of. (i was also a glsl noob before making gem examples...)

do you think that more multipass example are needed?
or is it just that since it's complex, it need time to be fully understood?

cheer
Cyrille