[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.43-1 test7 (!) available

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jan 4 20:30:22 CET 2012

Le 2011-12-27 à 22:08:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> It is possible to make pd-gui execute line-by-line by setting the
> buffering on the socket to be per-newline, then reintroducing the logic
> that used to be in the C code.  But I think its faster to have Tcl
> parse, compile, and execute the code in larger blocks, but I don't have
> any data to back that up.

What makes you believe such a thing ?

Making computation in larger chunks may be a good idea for precompiled or
preparsed code, it doesn't necessarily make sense for source code that has
yet to be parsed.

If you want to know which one is faster, you can benchmark both ways so
that running times get printed in a log.