[PD] Running Pd on a tiny (and cheap) computer

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 02:24:27 CET 2012

Hi list,

This is a topic which has been discussed a few times here already, but
since things seem to be moving pretty fast, I'm opening it again.

I would like to have a very small computer running Pd that could be carried
around more easily than current laptops. It also had to be powerful enough
to run Pd in rt.

I've been following the Raspberry Pi project for a few months, but their
CPU is only running at 800 MHz, and i think it'd be difficult to get
reasonable rt performances.

There's also the Dream Plug (
http://www.plugcomputer.org/development-kits/dreamplug.html), which has a
faster (though totally unknown to me) CPU.

I have no idea if it would be hard to install Pd on these machines. Do you
have any idea or suggestion?
Also, do you know if there exist small (and cheap) displays that could be
used with these computers? It makes no sense to me to buy a computer the
size of a Arduino board if i need to carry a desktop display with it...

Cheers!

Pierre