[PD] removing semicolon from netsend

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 8 04:13:53 CET 2012

On 2012-01-07 17:22, Rui Martins wrote:
> hello everybody,
>
> my name is Rui and I've been using PD on-and-off for a few years in my
> projects. This list has helped a lot of times just through search, but I think
> I'll need assistance on this one...
>
> I need to connect PD to another application via TCP/IP messages, which is
> trivial in itself.
>
> However, the receiving app does not interpret anything ending in ";", and PD
> doesn't accept escape characters. This application needs to receive messages
> ending either with carriage return, line break or CR/LF pairs.
>
> How do I remove this character in a way that is acceptable by netsend? I have
> been looking at character manipulation via pdmtl objects, but have no progress
> so far.

Hi Rui,

If you have pd-extended, [moocow/any2bytes] will split the message into
a list of single characters with a final character of your choice. Then
[net/tcpclient] or [net/tcpsend] or [maxlib/netclient] can send them as
a TCP packet to the receiving app.
(Maybe look into [pdlua] for more complex text processing.)

Martin