[PD] a phase vocoder pitch shifter harmonizer in real time

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:19:14 CET 2012

Hey Alex

I'm just trying this out.  I didn't have a sound file I particularly
wanted to try, so I just plugged in an osc~, and what I found on the
output:  a mixture of the original tone with the shifted one.

So, the shifted tone was clearly audible, but as I shifted the
frequency, I could hear first the beating of the tones then two tones.

And upon reading into the patch, that's clearly what you're doing in a
subpatch, but I don't get why?

Chuck