[PD] no pd?? WTF ????

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 00:23:31 CET 2012

No, there really are music students out there looking at what they need in order to be successful, and

when most of the voices around them are aggressively (and often ignorantly) suggesting only

proprietary tools that cost lots of money, these students save up their meager resources in order to

buy them.  I'm talking about students who are probably already in debt from loans, and it's quite common

that they max out on their technology budget and as a consequence are unable to attend a

festival.

What's even worse is that these constrained options lead to a lot of those students downloading

cracked copies of proprietary software (and the negative effects there usually manifest themselves

more quickly and concretely).

-Jonathan