[PD] how to tidy up patches ?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:26:59 CET 2012

On 12/01/12 01:47, Фывапр Олджэвич wrote:
> Hi !
>
> is there any option in PD to make complex patches look less messy ?
>
> for example in MAX you can hide all the connections in performance mode..
>
> in VVVV - you can spline the hords
>
> in MAX you also can make hords with different angles.. and so on..
>
> is there any way in PD to tidy it all up ?
>
> i can't find it.
>
> maybe it is really something to do ?

It's a feature, not a bug. Why? At least two reasons comwe to mind

1. You can deliberately create messy, uncomprehensible cmoplicated-
esotheric-looking patches which really impress girls/guys

or

2. As already suggested it forces you to strictly, unconditionally stick
to the rule: it it starts to look messy, I probably need to make a
subpatch along the lines of certain programming theorems that say
something like "if a program starts to go beyound the screen you
probably need a function" (not sure what the average screen resolution
was when it was enunciated though)

Of course 1. is usually more fun, and no one really follows 2. when the
deadline is midnight and it is 10.15pm :)

Lorenzo.