[PD] how to tidy up patches ?

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Thu Jan 12 15:15:58 CET 2012

Pd has something called "elegant patching".... :P

No, I'm kidding, but Pd patches developed properly looked wonderful really.
Just learn to organize conceptually and in the patch your ideas in a
consistent flow.

Splines, and corners help to hide lack of organization, imho.

and anyway, I recall a plugin for pd 43 that hide chords in run mode.

my 2 cents,

> is there any option in PD to make complex patches look less messy ?
>
> for example in MAX you can hide all the connections in performance mode..
>
> in VVVV - you can spline the hords
>
> in MAX you also can make hords with different angles.. and so on..
>
> is there any way in PD to tidy it all up ?
>
> i can't find it.
>
> maybe it is really something to do ?
>
> thnx , serg !
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/attachments/20120112/5be749bb/attachment.htm

> End of Pd-list Digest, Vol 82, Issue 39

Marco Donnarumma
Independent New Media and Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher
ACE, Sound Design MSc by Research (ongoing)
The University of Edinburgh, UK
Portfolio: http://marcodonnarumma.com
Research: http://res.marcodonnarumma.com | http://www.thesaddj.com |
http://www.flxer.net