[PD] no pd?? WTF ????

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Fri Jan 13 15:31:01 CET 2012

Hi,

João Pais wrote:
> see how high you go with [expr pow(2,$f1)] until you loose
> resolution - 20 in pd, but 30 in max5 (the coming up of Pd double
> precision will help this, but it's a work Katja is doing alone).

> High moral feeling (i.e.  the "we're better because we're free" logo)
> isn't enough for precision dsp.

Ok, so what your're saying is that for closed software, users have to
wait for the owner of the software to add some feature, while for open
source software, users have the possibility to add whatever feature they
want.

Both positions can take a while for a feature, so, what's your point ?

Try considering openness as a technical feature.

Cheers,
Charlot