[PD] no pd?? WTF ????

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jan 13 20:37:20 CET 2012

Le 2012-01-13 à 11:14:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :
>> From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
>> For [tabread~], yes, because they're below 16777216.
>
> With Katja'sdouble-precision Pd does this problem go away?

If it does what I think it does, Katja's build reduces the problem by a
factor of 536870912.

You can split that factor between increased table duration, increased
table sampling rate, increased subsample resolution (tabread4), and
increased waste of cpu watts. For all practical purposes, the 2nd-inlet
hacks are also unnecessary, which reduces the complexity of tabread
patches that access large tables, if they are made to rely on katja's
build.