[PD] Can't get [arduino] to work (any more)

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:43:57 CET 2012

Hi,

I haven't been using [arduino] and Pd-extended with my arduino for some
time un Ubuntu; it used to work just fine on Ubuntu 10.10.

In the meantime I have upgraded ubuntu to 11.10; I haven't touched
Pd-extended and I'm using the same version of [arduino] (and the same
arduino hardware of course). Usually I would just open the arduino-test
sketch and try "open 0", "open 1" etc until it would connect (I have bad
memory). Now there's no way it will connect. Whatever number I try it
says: "[comport] ** ERROR ** could not get termios-structure of device
/dev/ttySXXX"

The Arduino IDE does succeed in uploading a sketch (unless it says "done
uploading" without knowing).

What may I be missing?

thanks
m.