[PD] Pd Radio

Guy John d.guyjohn at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:18:04 CET 2012

hey, I'm the creator of radio.rumblesan  glad you enjoyed it and apologies
for the stream being down. I'm getting occasional disconnections happening
with the oggcast object atm and I haven't gotten to the bottom of it
(though it could be any of a number of other bugs). might have a look at it
this evening.

I'm currently trying to restart the radio server from my phone so might
have it back up in a moment.

The biggest thing I learnt whilst building the radio is basically where PDs
weaknesses lie. For doing the file manipulation/tracking/daemonisation PD
isn;t that great which is why I have a python script that does the
controlling and PD is essentially just running the patches and doing the
streaming.

I've actually been toying with the idea of recoding the whole thing in pure
C using libPD which would mean that i won't have to mess around with
sockets and inter process communication and would have (I feel at least)
better control over the streaming.

I think that PD as server side software is a great thing, but it's
important to know what you want it to do.

swings and roundabouts i guess heh

Guy