[PD] pix_freenect update

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jan 20 15:54:06 CET 2012

Ok, I just committed a bunch of updates, it almost there, but there might be some glicthes.  It now installs everything needed for the kinect, including the NITE middleware. Please try installing like this and let me know how it works for you:

  fink install primesense-nite

You might have to run the final niReg commands manually, they seem to fail only for the primesense-nite-shlibs package.  You can run niReg manually like:

sudo /sw/bin/niReg -r -v /sw/lib/libXnVFeatures_1_5_2.dylib /sw/etc/primesense
sudo /sw/bin/niReg -r -v /sw/lib/libXnVHandGenerator_1_5_2.dylib /sw/etc/primesense

.hc

On Jan 20, 2012, at 7:06 AM, Matthias Kronlachner wrote:

> hi!
>
> i tried to install openni from fink but got an error.
> -> see attachment.
>
> i did fink selfupdate and fink update-all before.
>
> don't know how to fix that. maybe you can help.
> if i can manage to install openni + sensorkinect via fink i will build it against the package and include it to the install instructions.
>
> matthias
>

> Am 19.01.12 19:23, schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
>>

>> This is great, I'm going to try to use this in my Dataflow class at ITP/NYU.  I'm currently updating the openni/primesense packaging for Debian and Ubuntu and am packaging for Mac OS X/Fink.  It would be awesome if you could try to build against the packaging.
>>
>> (these should be showing up soon)
>> http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/openni
>> http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/openni-sensor-primesense
>>
>> I'm pushing my Debian packaging to the git repos on Debian pkg-multimedia.  As I get things working, I'll post binary packages to this PPA:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~eighthave/+archive/openni
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Jan 11, 2012, at 8:48 AM, Matthias Kronlachner wrote:
>>
>>> you're welcome.
>>>
>>> if you get this issue with permissions to usb device place the udev rule into /etc/udev/rules.d
>>> see: https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect/tree/master/platform/linux/udev
>>>
>>> but it still has this error when using freenect with audio support.
>>> so a temporal fix can be
>>> sudo chmod 777 /dev/bus/usb/001/026
>>> -> that id changes every time...
>>>
>>> maybe someone found a way to permanently add the rule... i tried but couldn't manage to get it working without setting the chmod manually.
>>>
>>> matthias

>> Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra
>>

> <fink_openni_log.txt>

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -David Zicarelli