[PD] Manipulate txt file?

Luiz Naveda lab.naveda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:26:49 CET 2012

Hi,

Another option is the [matrix] (iemmatrix) and its .mtx files, which worked
fine for me.

Best

Luiz Naveda

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> I just added a page on puredata.info:
>
> http://puredata.info/downloads/sssad
>
> Frank, if you are listening, it would be nice to have a tarball release
> posted somewhere for those not comfortable with SVN.
>
> .hc
>
> On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 16:34 +0100, Pierre Massat wrote:
> > ... Where can I get sssad? I can't find it in Pd-extended.
> >
> > Pierre
> >
> > 2012/1/20 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> >

> >         sssad is a state-saving system based on [textfile].
> >

> >         .hc
> >
> >         On Jan 20, 2012, at 3:23 AM, Pierre Massat wrote:
> >
> >         > Thanks for your reply Hans, what i meant was some externals
> >         > or abstractions that make it easy to add, delete and read
> >         > any line anywhere in a txt file. I'm working on a
> >         > sequencer/drum machine and i want to store every song in a
> >         > text file.
> >         >
> >         > Pierre
> >         >
> >         > 2012/1/20 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> >         >
> >         >         [textfile]?
> >         >
> >         >         [srtfile] is an abstraction based on [textfile] for
> >         >         reading .srt subtitles.
> >         >
> >         >         .hc
> >         >
> >         >         On Jan 19, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Pierre Massat wrote:
> >         >
> >         >         > Dear List,
> >         >         >
> >         >         > Are there any objects to manipulate text files in
> >         >         Pd?
> >         >         > I made a few abstractions to add any line (list)
> >         >         to any file with numbered lines (to facilitate
> >         >         access to a specific line afterwards). If anybody's
> >         >         interested, please let me know.
> >         >         >
> >         >         > Cheers!
> >         >         >
> >         >         > Pierre
> >         >
> >         >         > _______________________________________________
> >         >         > UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management ->
> >         >         http://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-list
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >         "[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world
> >         >         today [is] my own government." - Martin Luther King,
> >         >         Jr.
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >

> >         Programs should be written for people to read, and only
> >         incidentally for machines to execute.
> >          - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Luiz Naveda
- PhD researcher
http://www.ipem.ugent.be/samba
- Director SysMus09
http://www.ipem.ugent.be/sysmus09

IPEM - Institute for Psychoacoustics and Electronic Music
Ghent University
Office: + 32 9 264 4127
Blandijnberg 2
Ghent, B-9000