[PD] pix_freenect update

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Jan 21 05:58:46 CET 2012

I attached a Makefile for pix_openni that works on Mac OS X, and should work on GNU/Linux but I haven't tested it.  It should be easily adaptable to pix_freenect too.

.hc

On Jan 20, 2012, at 7:06 AM, Matthias Kronlachner wrote:

> hi!
>
> i tried to install openni from fink but got an error.
> -> see attachment.
>
> i did fink selfupdate and fink update-all before.
>
> don't know how to fix that. maybe you can help.
> if i can manage to install openni + sensorkinect via fink i will build it against the package and include it to the install instructions.
>
> matthias
>

> Am 19.01.12 19:23, schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
>>

>> This is great, I'm going to try to use this in my Dataflow class at ITP/NYU.  I'm currently updating the openni/primesense packaging for Debian and Ubuntu and am packaging for Mac OS X/Fink.  It would be awesome if you could try to build against the packaging.
>>
>> (these should be showing up soon)
>> http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/openni
>> http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/openni-sensor-primesense
>>
>> I'm pushing my Debian packaging to the git repos on Debian pkg-multimedia.  As I get things working, I'll post binary packages to this PPA:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~eighthave/+archive/openni
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Jan 11, 2012, at 8:48 AM, Matthias Kronlachner wrote:
>>
>>> you're welcome.
>>>
>>> if you get this issue with permissions to usb device place the udev rule into /etc/udev/rules.d
>>> see: https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect/tree/master/platform/linux/udev
>>>
>>> but it still has this error when using freenect with audio support.
>>> so a temporal fix can be
>>> sudo chmod 777 /dev/bus/usb/001/026
>>> -> that id changes every time...
>>>
>>> maybe someone found a way to permanently add the rule... i tried but couldn't manage to get it working without setting the chmod manually.
>>>
>>> matthias

>> Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra
>>

> <fink_openni_log.txt>

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of Environmentalism", by Curtis White