[PD] [PD-announce] Language Design / Conlang: do you know any examples in Sound Art or Arts in general?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 14:34:00 CET 2012

I would combine a pass-phrase generator with a text to speech convertor
that attempts best guesses.

Pass-phrase generators (there are many around in Perl Java and Python) create
plausible sounding, and hence mnemonic constructions like

toof dang plep blug

You can usually filter for only non-words

Since most TTS are recognisable voices and have human intonation
a phoneme concatenation speech "synthesiser" like MBROLA
would be good for more alien effects after a little ring modulation.
You will need to use IPA symbols as your alphabet and maybe tweak the
phrase algorithm in order to avoid the problem of Kang from Rigel VII,
"in order to pronounce it correctly I would have to remove your tongue".

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>