[PD] [PD-announce] Language Design / Conlang: do you know any examples in Sound Art or Arts in general?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 23:49:45 CET 2012

Actually I had a little play around with it since Matju made me
use mbrola

You need first to have all these installed

apt-get install mbrola mbrola-en1 apg sox espeak

espeak does TTS
mbrola is a more flexible phoneme engine
sox is an audio processing tool
apg is a pass generator that can make pronouncable words

then try

$ apg -m 3 -x 9 -a 0 -ML -E0123456789 -c zxcvbnm | tr '\n' ' ' | tee /dev/tty | espeak -v mb-en1 -s 50 | mbrola -f 0.4 -t 0.8 /usr/share/mbrola/voices/en1 - -.wav | sox --ignore-length -twav - -twav - reverse reverb 50 20 10 0 20 -6 reverse | aplay -f s16 -t wav -r 16000

cudens fop feopy camnomco cackla druweff boint

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>