[PD] Dynamic creation of canvas : am I mad???

batinste dwanafite at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 22 14:06:05 CET 2012

I've made a nice patch for secondary school pupils to learn how to play
live electronic music on a movie (what we call "ciné-concert" in french,
is there a word in english for this btw ?). It contains three stereo
sample players that can load, record, re-record, play, pitch and add
effects and save sets, all controlled by a joypad. I wanted to be able
to choose the order of the effects without having to load all of them at
startup and then rewiring. Plus i didn't want the pupils to see a single
wire, and the thing had to be modular and evolutive. Plus i thought
dynamic patching was cool and felt that it was the proper way to do it.
So now the patch can instantiate any of the 8 effects in any of the 4
effect-slots by sampler, and save this setting (thx to sssad) for the
next session.
In the end my biggest problem in this patch was not dynamic patching but
should be guaranteed to work and a legitimate practice.