[PD] Simultaneous use of TuioKinect and [pix_video] with one kinect

Matthias Kronlachner m.kronlachner at student.tugraz.at
Sun Jan 22 23:20:10 CET 2012

Hi!

on which platform are you working?
TuioClient is using libfreenect to access kinect. so it won't work
simultaneously with pix_freenect or fux_kinect.
i don't know if the linux kernel drivers work in parallel to libfreenect
but i don't think so.

with pix_freenect (1) you can grab rgb and depth streams from kinect sensor.
you can do the (hand)tracking in pd by using pix_opencv tools and/or
pix_multiblob.
also pix_curve can be useful to get images of certain distance out of
the depth stream from the kinect. (in combination with switching into
yuv colorspace)

if you decide for pix_openni (2) you can use the hand tracking or
skeleton tracking from nite/openni together with the image and depth stream.

matthias

(1) http://github.com/kronihias/pix_freenect
(2) http://github.com/kronihias/pix_openni