[PD] OSC namespaces and how to tame them?

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:46:58 CET 2012

Hi all,

I'm looking for something that can quickly trim fairly long lists of
incoming OSC messages, for example:
slime/user/sb/app/renoise/midichannel/3/noteon/38 127
So that I can just get at '38 127'?

Theses lists are dynamic, so it's not possible to have them setup
beforehand apart from the 1st couple of strings.

I'm currently using a simple abstraction

[r $2]

[routeOSC $1]

[s $3]

that trims them down by copying and pasting (I also have a [print]
connected to the incoming messages) but it takes too long to get to the
data I want and it's hard to follow with so many messages flying past the
terminal.

This is for an improvisation system with several other people so there's
lots of data swooshing about, wondering if anyone has any experience using
OSC in this type of environment?

All tips, pointers, examples and patches gratefully accepted.

Very best wishes,

Julian