[PD] precision of vline~ and/or pd messaging

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 24 22:50:45 CET 2012

Hi,

please look at the attached audio file. It's a recording of a sinus tone
stored in an array, played back with consecutive segments of 125ms. If you
look at each multiple of 125ms, you'll see there's a glitch in the
waveform. That means, the pd patch isn't fully precise aliging the several
fragments together. Or maybe the messaging isn't precisely aligned with the
audio.
For this patch I'm using E Lyon's samm~ and click2bang~ to send the
messages, theoretically to have greater precision - and then some counters
and table readers make several calculations to get the indexes of the
segments. After these message-level calculations, the data goes to vline~
reading from a tabread4~.
My question is then: is it possible to get messaging and audio in Pd ligned
up, so that the resulting audio file is as precise as an original osc~? If
so, which objects or parameters should be used instead?

Thanks,

Joao