[PD] 0.43 Audio problems > trying Pd-0.42.5-extended on Ubuntu Oneiric ?

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:22:58 CET 2012

Hi all, thanks for your answers, I'll do some more experimenting later...
For now I partitioned my drive, installed Ubuntu 10.10, pd-extended 0.42.5,
and it works fine.
Only one thing I find a bit strange, and don't know If it's anything to
worry about:
When selecting the soundcard (hdsp) in Pd's media>alsa menu and click
'Apply', one of 3 things seems to happen at random;
1) it does NOT accept / activate / connect to the soundcard
2) it DOES, but when I close the media>alsa menu window it drops it again
3) it works and keeps working.
The 3rd one is of course what I want to happen every time.
So far, it always starts working after some attempts (clicking Apply
repeatedly),
but why would I assume that it's going to stay that way?
gr,
Tim