[PD] Strange segfault with soundfiler Pd-0.43.1-1 debian wheezy

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:44:52 CET 2012

On my laptop with Pd-0.43.1-1 in debian wheezy I get a segfault when
using soundfiler with openpanel like in the simple example attached.
Same happens if I send the file directly with a message [ read -resize
my_file.wav file0 (
I tried removing -resize and with other files and get the same problem.
This doesn't happen on another machine with exactly the same version..
any ideas?

Run with -d 3 apart from all the mouse messages and the Pd watchdog I
only get

segmentation fault

And doing a backtrace with gdb (not sure how useful really):

#0  0x081097c9 in open_soundfile_via_fd ()
#1  0x08109cf2 in ?? ()
#2  0x080b2131 in pd_typedmess ()
#3  0x080b3fdf in outlet_anything ()
#4  0x080b1fad in pd_typedmess ()
#5  0x080bc861 in binbuf_eval ()
#6  0x08066ffa in ?? ()
#7  0x0809589d in canvas_doclick ()
#8  0x08096427 in canvas_mouse ()
#9  0x080b225a in pd_typedmess ()
#10 0x080b1fad in pd_typedmess ()
#11 0x080bc861 in binbuf_eval ()
#12 0x080c517f in socketreceiver_read ()
#13 0x080c425b in ?? ()
#14 0x080c0b55 in m_mainloop ()
#15 0x0805b2eb in main ()

Anyone experiencing this. Any idea on how to debug it?
Lorenzo.