[PD] building Pd-ext/GEM for Windows

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 28 20:21:47 CET 2012

On 01/28/12 11:18, Patrice Colet wrote:
>> building Gem on mingw is _highly_ experimental and _only_ works with
>
>   So it works?!

yes.

> After removing pix_film from pixes, compilation goes to linking but I've got this:

why?
all the dependency stuff (e.g. quicktime,...) is factored out into
plugins; many plugins simply won't build on mingw yet (e.g. filmDS
certainly won't; nobody tried filmQT yet; and plugins build with MSVC
won't be usable in mingw builds; however, the plugins that can be build
(e.g. videoVLC) are fully usable)

> Creating library file: .libs/Gem.dll.a
> Base/.libs/libBase.a(libBase_la-CPPExtern.o):C:\msys\1.0\home\patko\pd-extended\
> 0.43\externals\gem\Gem\src\Base/CPPExtern.cpp:171: undefined reference to `sys_c
> lose'
>
> any idea about how to fix it?

use Pd-0.43 or Pd-0.42 throughout...it seems like you are using Pd-0.43
headers but then you are linking with a 0.42 pd.lib ; you should not mix.

fgmasdr
IOhannes