[PD] Windows and Debian packages for PuREST JSON

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jan 30 21:29:46 CET 2012

On Jan 30, 2012, at 2:20 PM, Thomas Mayer wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 30.01.2012 14:52, m.e.grimm wrote:
>> great! Thanks!
>>
>> works! ... i just get a pd crash when message
>> "http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=%23puredata" is sent to
>> [rest-json]
>
> Oops, that was a bug that I reintroduced during some code cleanup. I have fixed it in git with commit cee81ff:
> https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/commit/cee81ff94d044caec1c722cb47b54bdd416ef592
>
> Feel free to post any bugs at https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/issues
>
>> i will be nice when the oauth is implemented. i was just looking at
>> this recently to send twitter updates... any idea when this might
>> work?
>
> Right now, I am merging the helpful patches from Hans-Christoph Steiner and writing compilation docs in the Github wiki, cleaning out edges etc. When that is done, I will tag it 0.6, and make some binary packages.
>
> After that, I will start with OAuth. The problem with OAuth is not so much a programming problem, but more of a design problem. What should be done in the Pd object, what is the responsibility of the user, how to deal with using one object to get data from different servers, how is OAuth really implemented at each provider, etc.
>
> I will start off with some ideas and then post some stuff in the Github wiki.

I updated my Mac OS X 32-bit Intel i386 build:

http://autobuild.puredata.info/pdlab/purest_json.zip

I also posted some bug reports.  If you want ssh access to the PdLab mac machines, please post a request to pd-dev which includes your ssh key, and I can add you.

For anyone wanting to build it themselves on Mac OS X, I updated the Fink package.  It is now called 'json-c' since there were name conflicts for 'libjson'.  It should also be in 10.7 now.

>> great job... really cool stuff...

I agree :-D