[PD] russian translation (was Re: how to switch multiple devices)

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 3 17:01:51 CET 2012

On 02/03/2012 04:01 PM, Фывапр Олджэвич wrote:

> But i do not think it's a good idea to translate interface.  Russians in general learn English in schools and understand it.

i think you are missing the point here.

while i personally hate my germanized Pd and thus can feel with you in
terms of interface translation, i really think that this should be made
a personal choice by the user, and not enforced by the software.

i think virtually everybody who uses Pd will understand enough english
to find their way through the interface, just like they could use
libreoffice or emacs if menus were english only.
but that doesn't mean that Pd as a software should behave in a cultural
imperialistic way and enforce a "standard" language.

mfgasrt
IOhannes