[PD] Analog square wave?

Bill Gribble grib at billgribble.com
Mon Feb 6 18:17:41 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 17:56 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> However when using this as a LOW frequency oscillator, I would
> simply ignore the literature on bandlimiting and go with a pure digital
> aliased wave full force! :)

Good practical advice... if you really start thinking about what is
going to happen when you take a digital square wave and use it as a
modulator on some other signal, probably by something evil and nonlinear
like multiplying the signals together, you can give yourself a headache
quite quickly!

Just remember, one person's "aliasing artifacts all over the spectrum"
is another person's "gritty, trashy, beautiful dirt".

Thanks,
Bill Gribble