[PD] robotcowboy 2.0

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 02:31:33 CET 2012

Howdy all,

Sorry I haven't been active on the list for a while. School gets in the way.

As robotcowboy debuted at PD Con 07 and finished at PD Con 11, I'm happy to announce to you all:

robotcowboy is dead. Long live robotcowboy!

Change is good and it's time for robotcowboy 2.0.

I'm rebuilding the system in an OpenFrameworks app using libpd. Think of it as an RjDj on steroids with a visual engine running lua scripts. I put together a wearable alpha version last weekend that was demoed at arthackday in Brooklyn running on an iPad 2.

As part of the documentation, I wrote up a quick overview on robotcowboy and why I'm working on refreshing it: http://robotcowboy.com/news/robotcowboy-2-0

I hope to use it at the next Pd Con. See ya there!

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com