[PD] GUI and DSP

batinste dwanafite at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 8 17:01:50 CET 2012

Hi

See attached patch. Open it, turn on DSP, click the toggle and compare
CPU usage with the subpatch visible or hidden. On my computer, Pd takes
1% of CPU with the non-visible slider, and between 2 and 3% when the
slider is visible. Remember that [bang~] bangs at audio rate :) I
usually limit slider and al refresh request rate to 20ms or more : or
better, once the patch runs ok, i delete all useless sliders, bangs and
toggles.