[PD] GUI and DSP

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Feb 8 23:54:52 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-08 à 15:33:00, Ivica Ico Bukvic a écrit :
> Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
> Or you could simply use pd-l2ork and a move arrays and other complex
> graphical user interface objects using tags and never worry about that
> problem again.

But arrays can still update quite quickly and it would be good if their
data could be sent faster. So, what I'm saying also applies to l2ork, just
not in the context of moving objects.

>> Besides, you could save some cpu, ram and bandwidth if all those array
>> floats were hex-encoded instead of dec-encoded. Don't use "%g" nor "%d"
>> when you can use "%x" and similar... especially fixed-width %x such as
>> "%04x".

Actually, I mentioned fixed-width because then, you don't have to transmit
space separators at all... except if you fear long lines.