[PD] Thoughts in conclusion of the 4th Pure Data Convention

Pagano, Patrick pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
Thu Feb 9 19:30:18 CET 2012

My students are terrified of Pure data. They fear linux too. Out of ten grads per year it used to be 1 or two would endeavor to learn GEM.
Now a few more are interested because of libpd for senior programming projects.
Currently in projection design I teach them pd, then Jitter then Isadora. They have to pay their dues with PD first and other software with nice intuitive PRICE TAGS come afterwards.

pp