[PD] wiimote report

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Feb 10 17:38:22 CET 2012

Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 15:48 +0100, ub at xdv.org wrote:
>> to answer my question:
>> i changed onoff  from int to float and it works such that i can turn
>> reports on and off.
>>
>> it still crashes a lot though ...
>> well, seems like i should go for supercollider/osc. or is there
>another
>> wii external for linux?
>
>Yeah, there is also [disis_wiimote] [1] from the L2ork project.
>
>Since the the wiimote external you were trying is the one that is also
>included in Debian as pd-wiimote, I think it's worth focusing on fixing
>this one, since a lot of people would potentially benefit from it.
>Could
>you provide a patch for your fix?

and why couldn't a lot of people benefit from the disis_wiimote? it is open source and it's just a matter of packaging it for a specific distro.

>> it still crashes a lot though, especially with
>
>With what?
>
>Roman
>

>[1] http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=56

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Assistant Director, CCTAD
Virginia Tech
Department of Music