[PD] Thoughts in conclusion of the 4th Pure Data Convention

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Feb 12 11:31:12 CET 2012

On 02/11/12 23:19, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Le 2012-02-11 à 21:25:00, Max a écrit :
>
>> we looked into the private accommodation option as well but decided
>> against it because the convention took place during the summer break
>> and parallel to the bauhaus-summer school. the summer school did pay
>> for people subletting and thus had already scooped away the potential
>> of private accommodation.
>
> But I mean people that are not subletting. During the 2nd convention,
> volunteers were keeping their own apartment but shared the space with a
> visitor, using extra beds put in living room or unused bedroom or other.
> That's a different game not involving people who leave their own apartment.

a thought from a participant (and i guess that i'm among those raising
the average age): while i very much enjoyed staying in private
accomodation in mtl, i think it is even nicer for the participants to
"team up" and live together (whether its youth hostel or hilton is only
a question of budget)
the convention does not finish after the last concert, nor does it start
with the first lecture.

however, a big drawback of this scheme (for which i haven't found a
solution yet), is that the locals are kind of kept out of the fun (at
least that was my impression when we did it in graz and all of you were
doing party in the nunnery while we were busy trying to keep things running)

mfgasdr
IOhannes