[PD] Pd extended 0.43-1 nightly missing tk dependency on ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Feb 14 18:47:17 CET 2012

Sounds like you have --no-install-recommends setup since tk8.5 is a Recommends: rather than a Depends:.  Its not Depends: because you can actually run Pd -nogui without tk8.5.

.hc

On Feb 14, 2012, at 12:08 AM, John Harrison wrote:

> The problem still exists in today's nightly build (Feb 13, 2012). I just installed on a new Oneiric machine and had the same issue.
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>
> Thanks for reporting, this commit should fix it:
> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=revision&revision=15956
>
> .hc
>
> On Feb 7, 2012, at 3:06 PM, John Harrison wrote:
>
> > Pd extended 0.43-1 nightly gives "sh: wish: not found" error and won't run until tk is loaded.

> You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie

"Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools, but with live coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris McCormick