[PD] Problem with tcpserver from iemnet

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 23:13:39 CET 2012

Hi Jack
> Hello Andy and thanx for your answer,
>
> I have omitted to write some useful information about my configuration :
> Ubuntu 11.04
> Pd 0.42.6
> iemnet [tcpclient] and [tcpserver] compiled on Jan 23 2012 at 12:35:32

I have almost the same setup (Pd 0.43.1, iemnet compiled on 2012-02-02).
I cannot reproduce your first problem. Disconnecting clients from the
server works fine with your patch here.

> I tried to close the patch gracefully by disconnecting socket first and
> then quit Pd after few seconds but when i relaunch both patchs it still
> doesn't work : it is impossible to connect the client to the server.

I have that as well, but it seems it is not specific to iemnet's
classes. I experience that with many net classes in Pd and also - IIRC -
with other programming languages that provide ways to open a listening
socket. On my box it is a matter of seconds until the bind address is
freed. On an earlier Debian installation, it was often a matter of
minutes (for instance, when the netpd server crashed), which was more
annoying. I haven't figured out a way to avoid this.

Roman