[PD] socket object?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 16 16:38:09 CET 2012

On 02/16/12 15:59, Pagano, Patrick wrote:

> hi
> We have a laser pointer that is being tracked and broadcasting on an ip
> two lists of XY data from a C# application
> Is there a way i can listen to it in pd by just listening to that socket?
> I tried netserver and netclient but it does not connect.
> Can pd listen to this socket without a netsend on that machine?

[netsend]/server/client speak a protocol called FUDI, which you C#
application is most likely not speaking.

you might want to use objects that don't make any assumptions on the
application layer protocol, such as
[tcpclient]/[tcpserver]/[udpclient]/[udpreceive] depending on the
transport layer your application is using (tcp/ip or udp?)

fgmdasr
IOhannes