[PD] nested nqpoly4's

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 16:53:37 CET 2012

Pd somehow checks for abstractions nested inside themselves and refuses to create the inner one(s).

Obviously under normal circumstances such self-nested abstractions would expand to infinity.

Can Pd tell the difference between dynamically instantiated objects and "normal" instantiation?

If not, you'll be forced to solve the halting problem to be able to get what you want, or else put an arbitrary
limit on abstraction nesting depth (like Pd's recursion).

-Jonathan