[PD] new editing features of Pd-extended 0.43, now in beta!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Feb 20 16:29:28 CET 2012

On Feb 19, 2012, at 4:31 AM, Oded Ben-Tal wrote:

> hi,
>
> Very light testing on WinXP:
> - antivirus finds something in there a threat. The message is not informative but perhaps you are doing some memory things that it doesn't like?

There has been a false positive on Pd-extended for years.  Tell your anti-virus software maker to recheck, or post details about any virus that it thinks is in Pd-extended.

> - pretty minor: with the new setting for error messages pd still outputs lots of empty lines (where the ignored messages are). This means that some genuine erros may be hidden from view (unless oyu notice and scroll up).

I'm looking into this.

> I really like the magic lantern mode (I presume the audio signal is the amplitude not the actual numbers?)

Yeah, its really great.  The sad part is that Joe Sarlo wrote that in about 2003, and it just languished until Ico ported it to pd-l2ork.