[PD] getting the ranges from a slider

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 21:35:13 CET 2012

>________________________________

I wrote a patch for a canvas "get" method:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3308027&group_id=55736&atid=478072

The downside: whatever the programming equivalent of "through-composed" is, that would

describe the way I coded this.  matju gave me some suggestions for making it easier to

register the symbols for the attributes.  Also for iemguis, you probably want the results to

be sent by default to a 2nd outlet which you would add to the object.  (I think there's a

patched version of [tgl] on the tracker that does this.)

One other downside: the only practical way I've found to print _all_ properties in response to

one message is as a sequence of messages that flow from the outlet or specified receive-name.

If you try to use such objects recursively Pd won't catch your buffer-overflow mistakes:

[r oops]

[60 1, 61 1, 62 1, 63 1, flush(

[bag]

[s oops]