[PD] save search path 0.43 OSX

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 20:57:55 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 11:37 -0500, m.e.grimm wrote:
> > I think the better way to fix those help-files is to use an [import] or
> > [declare] object in the help patch.
>
> one prob I have found ... in a lib such as "rtc" the objects are not
> compiled externals but abstractions that rely on "list-abs". how to
> deal with this? you can't really put [import list-abs] or [declare] in
> an abstraction ... well I guess you can buts that's not the way it
> should be done.

Interesting that you say that. I always thought it is the very goal of
using [import]: make any patch or abstraction resolve its own
dependencies.

In what way [import] shouldn't be used inside abstractions?

(I specifically mention only [import] now, since [declare] has its own
implications, though if it would be free of bugs, I'd mentioned it as
well.)

Roman