[PD] C++ for reusable dsp lib - or better use C?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 26 19:22:38 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-25 à 23:44:00, katja a écrit :

> I do not use STL functionality, libstdc++ seems to be required for other
> functions as well, and vanilla Pd can't load a C++ object without it.

If you really want to avoid libstdc++, I think that you can do something
like :
#include <malloc.h>
static inline void *operator new (unsigned int n) {return malloc(n);}
static inline void operator delete (void *p) {return free(p);}

and add -fno-rtti to the flags (to disable the typeinfo feature). If you
encounter anything else, just ask me and I'll try to find it.