[PD] OT - C++ for reusable dsp lib - or better use C?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 26 19:29:33 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-25 à 14:29:00, Phil Stone a écrit :
> IMO, Pd *approaches* this potential of live-coding, but isn't there yet. The
> edit/play dichotomy,

The Edit/Play modes are there just to allow more different mouse commands.
It's not really a feature of the engine, it's just for switching between
two sets of mouse behaviours in the GUI, because there are not enough
buttons.

> I also like programming in "word" languages,

For what I presume you call a non-word language, Pd has quite a large
vocabulary of words in it.