[PD] choosing your language at launch WAS: Japanese Pure Data book is out now.

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Feb 27 19:43:41 CET 2012

Ok, with MacPorts, install the 'gettext' and 'git-core' ports.  Then run these commands in the Terminal:

 git clone git://pure-data.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pure-data/pd-extended.git
 cd pd-extended
 ./autogen.sh
 ./configure
 cd po
 make

That will make all of the translation files.  Now "download for use" the Japanese translation from Transifex.  Rename it 'ja.po', and copy it into 'pd-extended/po' overwriting the file that's there.  Now you can make an updated version by running 'make' again.

To install your generated ja.msg file, right-click on the Pd-extended 0.43 app, and "Show Package Contents".  Navigate to Contents/Resources/po and drop 'ja.po' into place there.  Next time you start Pd-extended, it should have your updated translation.

.hc