[PD] OSC Sequencer IanniX

chrisgr99 chrisgr99 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 20:46:29 CET 2012

You may also be interested in a project I started about six months
ago, which is a fork of IanniX I call GeoSonix.  It will be free and
open source.  In a week or two it will be available as an alpha
download of the source  or executables on Bitbucket.  At this point
only OSX and Windows because I haven't had time to build and test a
Linux version.

Here's an example of what GeoSonix can do: http://vimeo.com/36209199
There are more examples on my Vimeo account.

I actually contributed the code for many of the enhancements in the
most recent version of IanniX and wrote the updated documentation.

However I reluctantly forked it because I wanted to make more of a
fresh start than the IanniX team would have wanted (its a long story).

I initially focussed on the user interface, making it easier to use,
and on bug fixing, making it more robust.  Since then I've added lots
of other cool features and have more planned.  For example:

- "projects" are now fully supported and are the structured as folders
with resource forks in the style of Ableton Live
- there is a patchbay to make it easier to build portable scripts, and
allow scores to easily be used with range of sound generators
- the scripting language is now accepts JavaScript commands with
normal parameters rather than requiring all commands to be converted
to strings.
- I've added a harmony processor similar to that in Supercollider
- I've extensively refactored it internally, making the code easier to
understand and move forward and fixed lots of bugs.

GeoSonix has probably 50 significant enhancements over the most recent
version of IanniX.

If you'e interested, I'll post here again when GeoSonix is available
for download.

- Chris Graham