[PD] Pd on ARM devices

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 22:01:49 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/2/29 Charles Henry <czhenry at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Dear List,
>> >
>> > I'm planning to buy a Raspberry Pi sometime soon, and I'd like to know
>> > the
>> > implications of the ARM11 chip on the use of Pd.
>> > I know nothing about the differences in architectures, so i'd like to
>> > know :
>> > - why an ARM chip would be a problem for compiling, installing and
>> > running
>> > Pd,
>>
>> It's not a problem--Pd compiles and runs on the arm architecture.
>> Android devices for example have arm processors.  Debian pure data
>> packages are available for arm.
>

> That's good news! I suppose Debian packages can't be installed in Fedora,
> can they?

No--planet CCRMA has some i386 pd packages, but not arm.  If you want
to run Fedora and Pd, you will need to compile it.    If only you knew
the power of the dark side, and by dark side, I mean Debian.

If you didn't get your pre-order in time for this batch, you'll have
to wait a month, I bet.  By the time I got to work this morning, it
was too late.