[PD] dsp graph question

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 1 23:11:53 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-01 à 12:02:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

> And is it possible to make local symbol tables that are separate from
> the global symbol table?

Look into my proposals that I wrote back in 2006 or so, probably on
pd-dev. But I don't think I got any replies on them at all.

> Additionally, if an array of scalars only send the signal to the
> [struct] signal outlet and don't interact with each other (through
> [send~], [throw~], [etc.~]), could one could use [setsize] to to do
> massive polyphony without having to rebuild the entire graph?

DSP graphs allow dsp-methods to call dsp_add with all sorts of very
context-specific arguments such as direct pointers to the internals of
tables and of delwrite~ and such. To make those into context-independent
things would require a lot of work. But you don't necessarily need to do
that if all you want is just to avoid most of the recompilation whenever
you add or remove a few abstraction instances at any given moment.