[PD] dsp graph question

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 1 23:54:50 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-01 à 14:33:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

> Oh interesting-- there's an entire thread on namespaces for
> send/receive.  Never noticed that before.
>
> From 2006 all I see is some stuff about deallocatable symbols-- is that
> what you're referring to?

That's an approximate year. There are probably several threads on the
topic(s). I remember writing about deallocatable symbols in more recent
years, but the thing that I think was in 2006, is about splitting the
receive-table away from the symbol-table so that receive-symbols could
become local : have a global t_symbol * but have a local s_thing. Then
receive-symbols wouldn't necessarily be symbols anymore, they'd be pairs
of one $0 and one t_symbol *... I'm reinventing this in my head as I write
it, maybe.

It's possible to fit a very large $0 in a_type because most values of
t_atomtype aren't taken. For example, all negative values of t_atomtype
could be reserved to mean the local-symbol where $0 = -a_type.