[PD] [OT] openstomp ... PD pedal?

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 18:27:26 CET 2012

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/mm/audio/Coyote1%20Demo.mp3

worst music ever.

> small adc/dac. I don't think that the necessary hardware is available right
> now

if this can be done on mobile devises right now (rjdj/libpd/etc)....
why not now?

>(or at least affordable).

well thats true ... but who has any money right now anyway!

anyway... again my fantasy. chaining PD pedals up like this would be
pretty sick:
http://openstomp.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:Build5.JPG

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't seem to have had much success... Listening to the few sound
> samples on the web I can understand why. Technically it looks like a
> brilliant achievement, but he seems to have written and designed everything
> by himself, and his software is probably nowhere as powerful and felxible as
> Pd.
>
> The issue with Pd is that building such a pedal would require a small
> computer with a fast CPU for real-time processing, as well as an equally
> small adc/dac. I don't think that the necessary hardware is available right
> now (or at least affordable).
>
> I think I'll have to stick to the old laptop+soundcard+footcontroller setup
> for some more time (http://guitarextended.wordpress.com)!
>

> Pierre.
>

> 2012/3/1 Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com>
>>
>> Holy shoot, I've been wanting to build something similar for years!
>>
>> Pierre
>>
>> 2012/3/1 m.e.grimm <megrimm at gmail.com>
>>
>>> has anyone seen this:
>>>
>>> http://openstomp.com
>>>
>>> my fantasy would be such a thing that would run PD patches.
>>>
>>> it would have to be quality and made of metal
>>>
>>> not shitty and made of plastic
>>>
>>> i think hardoff had mentioned something similar a bit back.... maybe
>>> easier now with libpd?
>>>
>>> if someone makes it ill buy one

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com