[PD] C++ for reusable dsp lib - or better use C?

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sat Mar 3 00:57:55 CET 2012

> How about function call overhead? For constructor and destructor no
> problem of course, but accessor wrappers will be called often, in fact
> it doubles the number of function calls for external access.

I would not worry about that too much. The potential number-crunching happening in your routines will most probably outweigh that small member calling overhead.
If your methods are real lightweight (and they are defined in an included - not a linked - file) you can still rely on a decent compiler to inline them, bashing overhead to zero.

gr~~~