[PD] Digital audio feedback blow up.

Dario Sanfilippo sanfilippo.dario at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 02:31:13 CET 2012

Hello everybody.

I'm doing some tests to work with feedback loops with coefficients >1,
trying to keep it stable with automatic gain control. It is still a work in
progress and sometimes it just blows up. The problem is that when it
happens all the audio engine on OSX (10.5.8) gets stuck: de/activating
audio on PD results in clicks, and so does with any other software trying
to produce sound, as if there's a continuous full signal. I have tried
sending 0 amplitude signals to the DAC but it didn't work, so rebooting has
been the solution so far!

Thank you so much for any suggestion on how to solve this problem, and if
any of you has also tried to work with such approaches and wants to share
the experience it would very appreciated.

All the best,
Dario